Pages

26 January, 2010

Running and bananas

Running with terrible allergies and a barely settled stomach after a banana breakfast is a terrible idea.

This morning I woke up seized by an intense desire to get sweaty and healthy. This also was a terrible idea.

Just wanted to put that out there.

My friend and I went running this morning with the plan to go eat afterward. I had a banana for breakfast before leaving, thinking it'd be a good idea to have something in my stomach before heading out. I was proved wrong.

As my muscles were screaming at me to stop this foolishness, while trying to remember when the last time I actually went running was, and my sinuses and stomach were getting  rowdy too. My feet pounded on.

It all came to a terrible head that left me spasming in the grass trying not to completely lose it. My friend watched from a distance. I hope we're still friends.

My body is rebelling against me as it protests the punishment I've put it through. I'm thinking the rest of me is going to be on strike a lot longer though.

No comments:

Post a Comment