Pages

28 December, 2009

Six questions: Fifth Question

I keep trying to do whatever it is You want from me. And I’m not accomplishing anything. If You want it done, please say something!


“It is precisely in times of spiritual dryness that we must hold on to our spiritual discipline so that we can grow into new intimacy with God.” (Henri Nouwen)

“And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.” (2 Tim. 1:11-12)

Once we have settled our beliefs about Who we believe and what we believe, we are called to take a stand, putting that belief into action.
           
Praise be to the God that gives us light to see! And who, even if he doesn’t illuminate, guides.

"And I know that if we live we will live by His promise. And I know He who made it and I’m sure that He would not lie.” (Rich Mullins)

Stand firm where you’ve been planted, but be ready to move, and move quickly. Do whatever it takes to tie the truth around you so tightly that there’s nothing to get tangled up in. (Eph. 6:10-18) We see truth through our community, the Holy Spirit, and the intentional pursuit of time with Jesus.

Consider him faithful who made the promise. Make choices about where you put your feet and your heart. (Prov. 4:26) Fix your eyes on what, and Who, you know to be true.

Sometimes our walk is more of a stumble, and other times it barely resembles movement at all. The thing is to remind yourself that it is God who calls, God who equips, and God who “trains my hands for battle.” (2 Sam. 22:35, Ps. 18:34)

"…sometimes uncertainty forces us to pray like it depends on God.” (Mark Batterson)

Weak though you are, work on.

It’s in following your commandments, your instructions, that you are made strong. Your brokenness is healed. Your wounds are bound up. And your scars have meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment